Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pilgrimage, Hye Ji

A place that would transform my life is not yet available to go. This place has a special meaning both in personal and religious ways to me. I have always dreamed a journey of this place. My pilgrimage is the journey to the universe.
Universe. Why does it have special meaning to me? I am not a mathematician or a scientist who is smart enough to work for NASA. However, I have my own belief and theory about the universe. Last year, I was randomly thinking about the weather. Then I have realized that the earth and the universe both have seasons, and so do human minds. There are winter, summer, fall and spring both in my mind and the universe.
Furthermore, I also realized that we are actually as big as the universe. As we cannot measure the infinite size of the universe, our mind also cannot be measured. The universe and our minds are both infinitely big and infinitely small at the same time. From the point of view of universe, humans are one of the small atoms in our bodies. However, from the point of view of the small atom in our body, human is the universe.
This way, I made a conclusion that very small but very big universe exists in our minds. I am very curious about my own potential ability and my mind. However, it is so hard to see and explore the things that we cannot see. Thus, I decided to go to the universe, which is the bigger version of human minds. By actually going to the universe and exploring it, I have a strong belief that my life will be transformed.

4 comments:

MSpeer said...

Totally awesome and philosophical. I too have thought about going to space but unlike Hye Ji, I'm too afraid to go because I can't comprehend space so while I think that it would undoubtedly bring some enlightenment, I think I'll opt to wait for a diffent, earthbound epiphany :-)

hiroko said...

Your belief of universe is absolutely great. I really liked how you think that human mind is not measureable like universe and I agree with that. As you dream, I think we would be able to gain totally different aspect of life once we get to see universe.
Also, we would be able to observe shooting stars much closer!

Amy Waddell said...

Wow that was deep, it was also really well written, for such an expansive topic I could really understand what you were saying.

Ms. Snyder said...

Hye-Ji,
This is a very unique and thought-provoking response to the question. Your atom-mind-universe metaphor is very strong. I wish you had spent more time structuring your essay so your excellent ideas could be made more clear to your reader!